CAPM® Exam Prep
Prepare for PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Exam—2 Days, 23 Hours
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) Exam—and gain the most understanding of project management with the least amount of study. Developed by Rita Mulcahy, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises and other tools to help you understand—NOT MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the CAPM® exam. This course includes Rita's entire CAPM Exam Prep System (a $299 value) for free as part of the course materials, as well as a free, 30-day subscription to our CAPM® Exam Prep Online course.
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Class Materials
- Course Outline
- Corporate & Onsite
Unique features of RMC's 2-day CAPM® Exam Prep course include games, contests, case studies, exercises and other tools to help you understand—not memorize—the material needed to help you pass the CAPM® exam. This class will also help you discover your knowledge gaps by uncovering what you know AND what you do not know.
By the end of this course you will:
- Decrease your required after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
- Have received focused training on areas where students have the most exam difficulty.
- Possess a personalized study plan.
- Have the latest information from over 20 years of experience helping tens of thousands of project managers.
- Be "prepped" to take the exam – this is a prep course and a review course.
- Learn exactly what you know... and what you do not know.
- Be sooooo close to passing the exam!
This course entails 16 hours of training over the course of two consecutive 8-hour days, plus an additional 7 hours of online study after class.
Upon completion of this course, you WILL know:
- Exactly what to expect on the exam itself
- How to utilize Tricks of the Trade® for passing the exam
- The definitions of hundreds of PMI® -isms
- What your strong and weak areas of knowledge are
- Which areas to focus your study on
- How to identify and easily handle all types of questions found on the exam
- What your probability of passing the exam will be
- What you need to do to pass the CAPM® exam
What to Do Before You Arrive
- Consider taking RMC's PM Tricks of the Trade® Course – An astounding 74 to 81% of those students who take our exam prep courses wish they had taken our Project Management Tricks of the Trade® course. If you cannot take that course we recommend that you refresh your memory about project management before this course by reviewing any course materials you may have. You may not know that there are things that you do not know!
- Begin your application to PMI to take the exam – By the time this course is finished you will be eager to take the exam as soon as possible. We therefore strongly suggest that you complete or at least begin your online application to take the exam before you take this course. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online by going to the PMI® website . Then when you have completed studying after the course you will be ready to pass the exam. Remember that you can begin your application now and finish it later.
What to Bring to This Course
- PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition (2013) (hard copy, or printed from CD version)
Course materials will include the book CAPM® Exam Prep, PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software for the CAPM® Exam, and our Hot Topics Flashcards, plus additional materials not available to the public. Additionally, students will receive a free, 30-day subscription to our CAPM Exam Prep Online Course.*
* The 30-day online course subscription starts automatically after the first day of the instructor-led class. Upon expiration of the subscription, students may choose to purchase additional time—if they believe they need it—for the regular online course prices.
The course is organized into the following lessons:
- Introduction to the Exam
- Project Life Cycle
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Type:||Certification Exam Prep|
|Duration:||2 Days + 7 Online Hours –
8:00 am to 5:00 pm