PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals
Get IT Projects on Track and Find Tools That Can Make an Immediate Impact—1 Day, 7 Hours
The course is specifically designed to include references, examples and exercises for project leads and team members working on IT projects. This one-day course in project management is perfect for people who are looking to get IT projects on track and find tools that can make an immediate impact. The course includes detailed training in the most crucial elements of project initiating and planning, as well as a comprehensive review of the other project management processes, tools and techniques.
Upon completion of this 1-day course, attendees will be able to:
- Define and describe the project Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and closing as they relate to IT projects.
- Identify IT project stakeholders.
- Develop a Charter, Scope Statement, and a WBS for an IT project.
- Effectively identify IT project high level requirements.
- Create and manage IT project communications management worksheets.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Constraints
- Introduction to Rita's Process Chart
- Stakeholders and Their Requirements
- Project Objectives
- Project Management for IT Professionals
- Project Charter
- Preliminary Scope and Requirements
- Planning Overview
- Project Charter and Scope Statement
- WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and WBS Dictionary
- Network Diagram and the Critical Path Method
- Communications Planning
- Risk Management Planning
- Other Management Plans
- Project Execution and Control
- Overall Focus of Execution and Control
- What the PM Does While the Work is Being Done
- What Will Be a Challenge to Implement
- Work to Be Done During Closing
- Action Plan
Students will receive the following materials with the course attendance:
- PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals Workbook
- PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals Book
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Type:||Core PM Training|
|Audience:||PMs, Team Members, Project Offices, Business Analysts|
|Duration:||1 Day – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm|