15 Attributes of Successful Project Managers—Online
Aquire the Skills of the Best Project Managers in the World
Have you ever wondered what the difference between an average project manager and a great project manager might be? Is it experience, motivation, education, people skills—or something else? And if you could find out what these differences are and learn to apply them throughout your career as a project manager, would it be worth 14 hours of your time? This intensive e-learning course will answer these questions, and help you acquire the skills of the most successful project managers.
This course is designed for experienced and trained project managers, team members and senior managers with at least 5 years of full-time project management experience, who want to know what it takes to put themselves in a group with the best project managers in the world. If you lack PM experience or are looking for a refresher course in basic project management, please review the description for our 8-hour PM Crash Course™ Online course.
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Course Outline
- Screen Shots
- Free Sample Lesson
- Technical Requirements
The course includes the following instructional design features:
- A 17-section interactive tutorial.
- Accelerated learning-based games and exercises.
- A course weblog for sharing ideas with other students.
- A downloadable notebook to document and retain ideas.
- Downloadable Tricks of the Trade® articles.
- A comprehensive end-of-course self-assessment.
- A personalized Action Plan.
- Video tips and tricks.
- 14 Contact Hours or PDUs.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- List and describe the skills possessed by the very best project managers.
- Determine what skills they need to become more successful on projects.
- Create an efficient and effective plan for their growth as a project manager.
- Apply advanced techniques for successfully managing projects.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- What is Success, and How is it Measured?
- What is Lacking in Your Success Now?
- What Do Most People Believe are the Attributes of the Most Successful PMs?
- How Can Using Tools, Techniques and Processes Help Prevent Problems on Projects?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions in Project Management?
- How Can Knowing the Common Misconception Improve Your Chances of Success?
In addition to the above, each of the 15 attributes will be covered in detail—and the following will be reviewed for each attribute:
- What is the Attribute?
- Why is the Attribute Important?
- How Does it Tie Into PM Tools, Techniques and Processes?
- How Can You Measure Yourself Against these Attributes?
- How Can You Work to Acquire or Improve these Attributes?
E-learning courses are designed to be used on a desktop browser with:
- Adobe Flash® player 8 or later.
- Pop-ups allowed.
- Broadband connection (recommended 512 kbps or higher).
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz, AMD Athlon™ 600MHz or faster processor (or equivalent).
- MS Windows XP or later, Mac OS 10+.
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
FOR MOBILE AND TABLET USERS: Our courses may play on some mobile and tablet devices, however, the course(s) interactions, exercises and media may not work as intended on these mobile devices. RMC recommends that you review the sample lesson for the course you intend to purchase prior to registering, to verify compatibility with your environment.
FOR WORK ENVIRONMENTS: Our streaming media uses Protocol RTMP on ports 1935, 443 and 80. If you are having trouble using our courses through a firewall at work, please let your System Administrator know these ports must be enabled for streaming media.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all e-learning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have already been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above.