Common Risk Management Mistakes eLearning Course
Learn to Avoid the Most Common Risk-Related Mistakes on Projects
This unique 4-hour online workshop will provide you with a real-world, step by step approach to using risk management and give you the Tricks of the Trade® from around the world—tricks that you can begin using as soon as you return to your project. In addition to a complete overview of the risk management process, this course will review common mistakes that others make—and teach you how to avoid them.
This online workshop is ideal for project managers, senior managers and team members who need an overview of the risk management process, and wish to have a clear explanation of the most common risk management mistakes. This course was developed for people who need advanced project management training, or who already have an understanding of risk management and wish to focus on the Tricks of the Trade® and common errors. If you need a more comprehensive course in Risk Management, please review our Risk Management, Tricks of the Trade® e-Learning course, which is based on our extremely popular classroom-based Risk Management course.
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Course Outline
- Screen Shots
- Free Sample Lesson
- Technical Requirements
The course includes the following instructional design features:
- An Overview of the 6 Steps of Risk Management.
- A Review of the Most Common Risk Management Mistakes.
- Presentation Slides and Video Clips.
- 7 Days of Unlimited Access.
- 4 Contact Hours or PDUs.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the risk management process.
- Improve your ability to identify risks for your real world projects.
- Identify gaps in your knowledge that may hurt you and your projects.
- Identify errors others are making so that you can avoid them.
- Apply many new Tricks of the Trade® to your projects.
- Be a better project manager.
The course is organized into the following sections:
- The Risk Management Process
- The Best Time to Do Risk
- Identifying Threats and Opportunities
- Your Real-World Risks
- Commonly Missed Risk Categories
- Risk Identification Methods
- Risk Qualification
- Determining the Correct Risk Response
- Project Management Errors
- Measuring and Communicating Risks
- Making the Right Decisions
- Monitoring and Controlling Activities
- Lessons Learned
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher, or any version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
- Requires a device (computer or tablet—6 inch screen minimum) connected to the Internet.
- Broadband Internet recommended.
- Pop-ups should be allowed.
- This course will use data if viewed in a mobile environment.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all eLearning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have not yet been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above. Click here for more information.