PM Crash Course®—eLearning Course
Learn Techniques and Tools to Make an Immediate Impact on Your Projects
Are you new to project management? Do you need to learn some project management basics? Are you looking to get an existing project back on track? Do you need easy-to-use tools that can make an immediate impact on your current project? Are you looking for a refresher on the fundamentals of project management? Originally written by Rita Mulcahy, world-renowned project management expert and author of the best-selling book PM Crash Course™ Premier Edition, this eLearning course has been updated and includes her innovative PM tools and techniques for project managers. Now, the thousands of development hours that went into a 1-day intensive classroom-based course are available online—24 hours a day, 7 days a week—to project managers around the globe!
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Course Outline
- Screen Shots
- Free Sample Lesson
- Technical Requirements
The course includes the following instructional design features:
- A 16-lesson tutorial
- Bite-sized lessons you can complete in 20 minutes or less
- 218 pages of online content
- 49 interactive pages
- Accelerated learning-based exercises and games
- Nearly 3 hours of engaging audio narration
- A PM Crash Course Workbook to determine how to use what you learn in your own project work
- A PM Crash Course Checklist for you to use on current and future projects
- Lesson summaries and reinforcement exercises
- Unlimited 24/7 access!
- 8 Contact Hours or PDUs.
Upon completion of this course, you WILL be able to:
- Begin projects with a firm foundation
- Prevent project problems before they happen
- Manage day-to-day project work
- Deliver the product and close out the project
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Key Concepts
- Key Project Roles
- The Project Management Process
- The Project Charter
- Gain, Create, and Use Historical Information
- Identify and Manage Stakeholders
- Requirements and the Project Scope Statement
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Estimating
- Create a Project Schedule and Budget
- Quality Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Close the Project
- Other Project Management Approaches
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher, or any version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.
- Requires a device (computer or tablet—6 inch screen minimum) connected to the Internet.
- Broadband Internet recommended.
- Pop-ups should be allowed.
- This course will use data if viewed in a mobile environment.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all eLearning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have not yet been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above. Click here for more information.