Project Communication and Stakeholder Engagement eLearning Course
Plan for and Prevent Communcation Problems on Projects
Did you know that communication is reported to be the number one problem on projects? Is stakeholder engagement a weak area in your otherwise strong project performance?
Formerly titled "Improving Project Communication," this eLearning course has been expanded to take you beyond the components of communications management and stakeholder engagement by providing real-world solutions that can be applied to all projects.
The course is designed for new or experienced project managers, business analysts, and other project team members, who have struggled with project communications and have had difficulties keeping stakeholders engaged. It will teach you how to identify all of your stakeholders AND introduce new ways to help you uncover their requirements, expectations, and communications needs by using globally relevant experiences and thought-provoking exercises. You'll also learn practical and simple-to-implement methods for communications planning and be led step-by-step through the barriers impeding effective communication. Learn to adjust your approach to meet the needs of the team and project, as well as manage stakeholder expectations to prevent communication problems before they start!
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Course Outline
- Screen Shots
- Free Sample Lesson
- Technical Requirements
This comprehensive course includes:
l class="reg_op_sup_list" style="margin-right:10px;">
- 15 short, interactive lessons
- 192 pages of online content designed with a modern look and feel
- More than 2 hours of enthusiastic audio narration
- Convenient mobility that allows you to begin the course on one device and continue it on another
- A 33-page companion workbook that can be used after the course as a reference document
- Lesson summaries and reinforcement exercises
- Unlimited 24/7 access!
- Scenario-based exercises that build based on your answers
- 8 Contact Hours or PDUs.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Draft a comprehensive communications management plan that can be referred to often throughout your project to enhance stakeholder engagement
- Identify and define different methods to find those stakeholders you've been missing
- Select from a library of techniques to elicit stakeholder needs and requirements
- Plan ahead for common communication barriers that undermine the success of a project
- Customize stakeholder register and stakeholder engagement plan templates to meet the current needs of your projects
- Analyze and classify your project stakeholders to streamline your communications and keep them engaged at the same time
- Never send a poorly written email or facilitate a boring meeting again!
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Key concepts
- The communications management plan
- Identify stakeholders
- Analyze stakeholders
- Determine stakeholder requirements
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Communication types and methods
- Effective meetings
- Effective listening
- Business writing
- Project reporting
- Apply what you learned
E-learning courses are designed to be used on a desktop browser with:
- Adobe Flash® player 8 or later.
- Pop-ups allowed.
- Broadband connection (recommended 512 kbps or higher).
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz, AMD Athlon™ 600MHz or faster processor (or equivalent).
- MS Windows XP or later, Mac OS 10+.
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
FOR MOBILE AND TABLET USERS: Our courses may play on some mobile and tablet devices, however, the course(s) interactions, exercises and media may not work as intended on these mobile devices. RMC recommends that you review the sample lesson for the course you intend to purchase prior to registering, to verify compatibility with your environment.
FOR WORK ENVIRONMENTS: Our streaming media uses Protocol RTMP on ports 1935, 443 and 80. If you are having trouble using our courses through a firewall at work, please let your System Administrator know these ports must be enabled for streaming media.
TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Please note that RMC is in the process of updating all e-learning courses from an Adobe Flash platform to an HTML5 platform. Courses that have already been converted will have a technical specification that differs from the one above.