100 Things PMs Should Do Before They Die—Instructor-Led Virtual
Become a More Well-Rounded Project Manager—½ Day, 4 Hours
With all of the craziness that projects usually entail, sometimes we forget to build the team, improve our project management skills, and have fun! Did it ever cross your mind to do something new, maybe in some cases even a little wacky, which will change your style, improve the team, and improve your organization?
During this short, 4-hour course, this class will review over a dozen things Project Managers can do to not only improve their projects, but improve themselves as project managers. Join other students from around the world to take a hard look at yourself, and see if you can make yourself a more well-rounded project manager—and have fun while doing it!
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Look at their project management style and skills in a new light.
- Review possible options for self and organizational improvement.
- Utilize improved project management skills on current projects.
- Find other techniques to expand their knowledge of PM.
- Have more fun managing projects!
- Getting Your Point Across: Asking Questions and Fine-Tuning Your Process
- #4: Include a Visit from Superman
- #6: Cancel a Meeting to See if Anyone Notices
- Minding the Details: Managing with Focus and Planning
- #14: Determine the BCR for all Decisions
- #26: Identify the Sharks
- #28: Say NO Once in Awhile
- Shaping your success: Sharpening Your PM Tools
- #46: Do a Project Outside of Your Field
- #51: Try to Manage a Project Without a WBS
- Leading with a New Perspective: Expanding your Skills and Understanding
- #56: Volunteer to Teach PM to a Non-Profit Organization
- #58: Read a Book on the Part of PM you LEAST Enjoy
- Creating Teamwork: Empowering Team Members to Deliver Results
- #75: Let Go
- #82: Ask a Team Member to Teach You Something
- Taking Care of You: Developing Your Strengths
- #98: Give Yourself a Do-Over
- #100: Define Success
- Conclusion and Wrapup
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Time:||10am to 2pm CST|
Mar. 10th, 2017 (Register)