Defining and Managing Project Requirements—Instructor-Led Virtual
One of the measures of project success is customer (stakeholder) satisfaction. But how do you accurately measure and manage requirements that seem so intangible, especially when the success of the whole project depends on it? This unique course combines the requirements-related processes from PMI's PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and IIBA's BABOK® Guide (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) into an easy, six-step process. In addition to Tricks of the Trade® for eliciting requirements, this course also offers templates designed to obtain BETTER requirements—as well as techniques for gaining cooperation from managers, customers and all stakeholders throughout the requirements process.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the foundational concepts of defining and managing requirements.
- Recognize the difference between requirements and expectations.
- Gather accurate requirements EARLY in the project.
- Determine metrics needed for requirements planning and management.
- Effectively identify and manage stakeholders.
- Manage requirements-related conflict.
- Utilize tricks and tips to elicit better requirements.
- Distinguish between Product Scope and Project Scope.
- Introduction of Fundamental Concepts
- The Six Steps
- Determine Scope
- Identify Stakeholders
- Elicit Requirements
- Tricks for Requirements Planning
- Tricks to Elicit Requirements
- Analyze and Document Requirements
- Manage Requirements
- Project Closure
- Wrap Up and Action Plan
* This is an interactive course, designed to allow participants to improve expertise by participating in exercises, and by using various sample templates provided in the course. Participants will also have an opportunity to share their knowledge on the topic of Requirements with other business analysts and project managers.
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • firstname.lastname@example.org
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Time:||9am to 4pm CST|
Apr. 4th, 2017 (Register)