Making Project Management Work
in Your Organization—Instructor-Led Virtual
As an experienced project manager, you know that utilizing sound project management fundamentals and techniques gives you the best chance for success. But in many organizations, getting project management to work the way it needs to work is difficult, and sometimes impossible. Between the people around you who don't practice good PM—and the lack of support from management—how can you be expected to succeed?
If you are struggling to utilize project management fundamentals and techniques within your organization—for whatever reason—this course is key to your future success. This hands-on workshop utilizes group discussion, group problem solving and case studies directly from attendees, and will give you ideas and techniques for utilizing project management within your organization that you can use immediately. This is NOT a 4-hour lecture. The direction of this course is 100% audience-driven, which means no two courses will ever be alike!
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify a variety of ways to make project management work better in their organizations.
- Develop a plan to implement consistent and sound PM practices within their organizations.
- Gain buy-in from managers and co-workers.
- Implement their plan of action quickly and effectively.
Although the actual content of the 4-hour course will be primarily audience-driven, the presenter will attempt to cover the following topics:
- Dealing with Virtual Teams
- Handling Unrealistic Schedules
- Managing Scope Change
- Developing Consistent Processes
- Combating Poor Communication
- Overcoming Poor Risk Management
- Building High Performance Teams
- Requirements Definition
- Managing Without Authority
- Setting and Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Defining the PM's Role in Contract Management
- Acquiring, Assigning and Managing Project Resources
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies