PMP® Exam Prep—Instructor-Led Virtual
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for PMI's Project Management Professional (PMP®) Exam—and gain the most understanding of project management with the least amount of study. This course is designed to decrease your after-class study time to less than 40 hours.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises and other tools to help you understand—NOT JUST MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the PMP® exam. This course includes our entire PMP® Exam Prep System (the PMP® exam prep book, exam simulator and flashcards—a $399 value) for FREE as part of the course materials*, as well as 18 Contact Hours toward the 35 Contact Hour exam requirement.
* Students who are shipped class materials to Canada will be charged an additional $25 shipping fee. Students who are shipped class materials to all other non US countries will be charged an additional $50 shipping fee.
At the conclusion of this course, students will:
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements for passing the PMP® certification exam.
- Know where their "gaps" in PM knowledge and experience are.
- Possess a Personalized Study Plan for preparing for the PMP® certification exam.
- Be prepared to handle the most difficult exam questions—including "wordy" questions, questions with formulas, and questions with more than one correct answer.
- Reduce their after-class study time in preparing for the exam to less than 40 hours.
This is an intensive exam preparation course, so students MUST arrive on time, and expect to participate throughout the entire course. Students who arrive late or leave early will miss important exam-related information, and could risk losing all earned Contact Hours.
PMBOK® GUIDE REMINDER: Attendees of this Live Online Class MUST have a hard copy of the latest PMBOK® Guide (Fifth Edition) during class. If students do not have one, this standard may be purchased directly from RMC, or from the PMI® Bookstore.
- Why is taking the exam important?
- Overview of the exam:
- How to study and create a study plan
- Tricks for memorizing formulas
- Tricks to help you understand how the PMP® questions are written
- Tricks for shortening your study time
- Tricks for taking the exam
- Tricks for finding holes in your project management knowledge
- Reasons people fail the exam and how to make sure you do not do the same
- Exercises to help you understand, memorize and conceptualize the information you need to know, right in class, including those dreaded formulas
- Understanding PMI® -isms
- Detailed coverage of:
- The process of project management
- The framework of project management
- Integration management
- Scope management
- Time management
- Cost management
- Quality management
- Human resources management
- Communications management
- Risk management
- Procurement management
- Professional responsibilities
BOOK: PM Crash Course, Second Edition
by Rita Mulcahy et. al.
This compact resource guide quickly and clearly communicates project-related concepts like project charters, stakeholder management, requirements definition, estimating, scheduling, budgeting, quality management, risk management and more.
WHITE PAPER: Tailoring Scope by Project—Why One Doesn't Fit All by Barbara A. Carkenord
This whitepaper recommends that scoping should be tailored to the type of project and product being undertaken, rather than trying to design a standard scope statement or statement of work (SOW) for all projects.
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: Overcoming Politics on Projects
by Rick A. Morris
This one-hour Webinar dives into the topics of gaining buy-in from upper management, accurately estimating time and cost, controlling project communication, managing within corporate culture, taking care of your team, and more.
TEMPLATE: Free Sample Project Charter
Having trouble creating a project charter for your upcoming initiative? Use this free sample from RMC as a guideline, and complete your charter quickly and easily.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Time:||1st Day: 9am to 4pm CST
2nd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
3rd Day: 9am to 4pm CST
Feb. 1st - 3rd, 2017 (Register)
Feb. 22nd - 24th, 2017 (Register)
Mar. 6th - 8th, 2017 (Register)
Mar. 20th - 22nd, 2017 (Register)
Apr. 5th - 7th, 2017 (Register)
Apr. 19th - 21st, 2017 (Register)